Saturday 3 November 2012

A Short Guide for Potential Amusement Park Goers

I just got home from Star City. I spent the day with some of my Emerald 2015 advisory class--Je-anne, Aubrey, Dindi, Meradel, Vinz, Daniel, Mihoko, Ruth, and Nash (Dindi's brother). Earlier I have predicted that not more than 10 students will join us. Hooray for predicting the future!

Originally, we planned to go to Enchanted Kingdom, but Star City seemed more geographically convenient. When I was young(er), it was our family's tradition to go to Star City. It is our parents' ultimate 'panakot' that if we won't behave, we will not be allowed to go to Star City. I believe that I am not afraid of heights and am even a daredevil because I have been exposed to all those nerve-wracking rides at such a young age. I just love the thrill of falling from a great height, knowing that you are safe.

(One thing I can't really stand is the horror walk of anywhere. I'm afraid of ghosts, okay. I'm a scientist and I am afraid of ghosts. I don't have to explain myself.)

Anyway, for those of you who are planning to go to Enchanted Kingdom or Star City and maximize the experience, here are some tips I have gathered from the annual visits to amusement parks:
1) Wear closed shoes. It doesn't have to be close toed, but it has to be closed so that when you are flying up there or running down a horror walk, you won't lose your footwear. It is not advisable to wear heels or wedge.
2) Bring an extra set of clothes, or at least an extra shirt. There are rides which involve water splashing, so it's better to be prepared. And you might want to change your sweat-soaked shirt after a bumpy ride. :) A face towel or hanky would also come in handy.
3) Wear comfortable clothes. I have observed that many girls come with dates (or are looking for dates) so they are dressed to kill. But you might want to save that sexy outfit for a casual dinner. Remember that you will be flying for some time. We don't want to give a peep show to those who are in queue, right?
4) Do not bring bulky bags and leave most of your gadgets at home. Pickpockets frequent amusement parks because the distractions are everywhere. And there are rides which will require you to leave your bags, so it's a lot of hassle to have a big bag. A sling bag would be perfect.
5) Go to the outdoor rides first. If it's a good weather, try the outdoor rides first so that in case it rains, you have already experienced these rides. The best rides are almost always placed outdoors because the higher the elevation is, the more fun it would be. ;)
6) Avoid going to amusement parks during peak seasons. Unless you have a thing for long lines, pick a date far from peak seasons such as holidays, Christmas break, and summer break. The same goes for peak hours. Start early so you really have time to try all the rides.
7) Go with non-kill joy friends. Enough said.

As for the monetary contribution, hmmm, let's see. I spent 460.00 for a ride-all-you-can ticket + 1 game of laser tag. I also spent an additional of 120.00 for the Snow World, about 200.00 for food and drinks (meryenda, dinner, cotton candy, and lots of drinks). Since I live near Star City, I only spent 28.00 going there. So it's roughly 700 to a thousand pesos. It is a bit pricey so I made every peso count. :) We were there from 4pm to 12 midnight.

It has been a fun and nostalgic day. For eight hours, I was a child again. :)





Sembreak ends in 5 hours. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment